Old November 6th 16, 12:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Circle Line

On 05.11.16 8:57, Graham Harrison wrote:
On Fri, 04 Nov 2016 18:03:15 -0500,
wrote:

In article ,
(Graham Harrison) wrote:

I know the Circle is no longer advertised as a circle but do any
trains actually do the circle? I was on a Hammersmith and City last
Friday from Liverpool Street to Hammersmith but at Edgware Road it
became a Circle Line (didn't worry me since my destination was
Paddington).

Is it just an occasional, unpredictable, change or are there any
trains actually scheduled to make the complete circle ever?

The former. They advertise when a circle service is run, usually when there
is engineering work on the Hammersmith branch. The most recent closure
wasn't a circle because the closure was west of Baker Street. I think the
whole line was suspended or maybe they ran High St-Baker St via Aldgate only.

Thank you. So, using National Rail terms, absolutely no complete
circles as part of the Working Time Table. When it does occur it's a
VAR or STP.

I meant to ask about about VAR and STP, specifically what they mean.

I was a few months ago on the NLL, and I saw on RTT a train that was due
to run ECM from Ilford to Hornsey via Denmark Junction. The train never
showed, yet the indication for it on RTT had the letters STP in a box.