Old November 8th 16, 02:39 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Guy Gorton[_3_] Guy Gorton[_3_] is offline

Default Wolmar for MP

On Tue, 08 Nov 2016 14:11:57 +0000, wrote:

On Tue, 08 Nov 2016 12:07:52 +0000, Guy Gorton
wrote:

Just because it is bad for you (and your like) doesn't make it bad for
everyone.

Genuine question: who do you think it is good for?

Immigrants from countries with wildly different cultures,believes and
lifestyles from Continents apart from Europe that when they come here
prefer to set up enclaves and a long term aim of changing the country
rather than blend in, as opposed to people from Europe whose lifestyle
,religions and sense of how to behave is much closer to those of the
British Way of life and aim to blend in as seamlessly as possible ,
just like all those Poles who fought alongside the British in WW2 and
then found they could not return home whose children and grandchildren
only standout when you see their surname is something like Kowalski.

Anna Noyd-Dryver

Anyone who values for themslves and for future generations the British
(or English) way of life. That is worth some economic pain.

And what is the British / English way of life?
Sainsburys , Tesco's and Watneys and cheap motoring and TV have
changed the traditional way of life that our parents and grandparents
lived as much as anything.
As well as having the countrys Political arse kicked in the mid
fifties by the United States who did not fight WW2 to allow the UK to
continue the British way of life of bossing other counties around
while using their resources.

I find it interesting in these debates that many of those who feel the
economic pain that Brexit is going to cause will be worth it then go
on to say that in doing deals with Europe they will be prepared to
give good deals because not to do so will cause them economic pain.
Completely ignoring that people in Europe may actually have similar
thoughts the other way around and that the opportunity to shaft the UK
whose population to a large extent have never really accepted EU
membership to the full and have always clamoured and some cases
obtained special treatment is too good an opportunity to pass up even
if it is not to their best economic interests.
Heart over Head can apply to both parties.

G.Harman

Thanks you for a considered response to my very simplified statement.
I could not and will not try to respond to all your points but will
just say that I signed up to the Common Market - and still would - but
not to a political union with countries and political systems that
have little in common with ours.

Guy Gorton