Old November 9th 16, 11:31 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default Wolmar for MP

On 09/11/2016 12:13, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 12:01:17 on Wed, 9 Nov
2016, d remarked:
Loads of low paid workers coming in from the East forcing down wages
for the
indigenous population (and allowing companies to disband their staff
training schemes which would otherwise help increase the averages
skill set
of the population)

Ditto NHS. Lots of cheap labour from abroad allowed both labour and
tories to
cut medical training in the UK. Of course the clueless remoaners seem
to think
that foreign labour is essential for the NHS rather than being a
deliberate
- albeit never publicised - government policy for decades.

It's about asking the right questions. We've not had a referendum to ask
people whether they'd prefer 2p on income tax or more UK-trained doctors
and nurses. So we leave it to politicians and election manifestos.

IIRC the Libdems tried that once with predictable results.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.