Old November 9th 16, 12:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Optimist Optimist is offline

Default Wolmar for MP

On Tue, 08 Nov 2016 18:54:51 -0600, wrote:

In article ,
(Arthur Figgis) wrote:

On 08/11/2016 18:57, Graeme Wall wrote:
On 08/11/2016 18:27, Arthur Figgis wrote:
On 08/11/2016 13:04, Graeme Wall wrote:

And what exactly is the British "way of life"? Xenophobia,
Homophobia, idolatory of whatever our American masters dictate?

People often forget that Britain (well, England) is unique in not
having a way of life. After all, it is just "normal", while everything
else is exciting and "other" in comparison.

Just as everyone else has accents and are natives.

I find that travelling to places like Germany, Scandinavian and
Scotland, there is a perception amongst a surprising number of the
kind of people one meets in pubs that England does indeed lack
natives. This leads to some strange assumptions, particularly with
regard to life in contemporary London...

They're not entirely wrong. There are no indigenous English. Everyone here
is descended from immigrants, even if from many centuries ago.

Indeed, we are all Africans.