Old November 9th 16, 03:03 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default Wolmar for MP

On 09/11/2016 15:40, Graham Murray wrote:
Graeme Wall writes:

On 09/11/2016 14:27, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 14:16:41 on Wed, 9 Nov 2016,
Graeme Wall remarked:

Where have we got immigrants working in factories here?

Where have we got factories here?

There are at least two Sugar Beet factories (so called) in the Fens, and
just round the corner from me is an agricultural equipment factory
(ironically, perhaps, mainly "automatic" crop-picking/harvesting
machines to tow behind tractors).

I was being slightly sarcastic, we used to have three major factories
here in Southampton, all now gone, Vosper-Thorneycroft, Ford and BAT.

Do not forget Pirelli, or was that not major?

They'd gone by the time I moved here, they lingered at Eastleigh for
quite a long time. IKEA now occupies part of their site.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.