Old November 10th 16, 08:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default Croydon tram overturned

On 10/11/2016 17:00, d wrote:

That sounds like a retrograde step to me. Unlike a bus a train can't swerve out
of the way if there's an obstruction ahead the driver missed and as we have
seen, toppling over on a curve is a possibly. A bus would just skid.

Although buses can go through red lights and crash into trams, killing a
bus passenger:

"Andrzej Karcz, 28, was decapitated after being thrown from the front
window of the bus when bus driver Raouf Mraidi, 29, ran a red light and
slammed into a tram.
[...]
The collision, in September 2008, sent the 468 bus careering down George
Street, smashing into shop fronts before it finally came to a halt when
it crashed into a parked BMW."

http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/n...m_crash_death/

The bus driver did a runner, but was extradited back to Britain:
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK