Old November 11th 16, 08:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default Croydon tram overturned

On Thu, 10 Nov 2016 17:38:20 +0000
On 2016-11-10 17:00:22 +0000, d said:

That sounds like a retrograde step to me. Unlike a bus a train can't swerve

out
of the way if there's an obstruction ahead the driver missed and as we have
seen, toppling over on a curve is a possibly. A bus would just skid.

Buses can and do topple if driven too fast round corners. National
Express gave up double-decker operation for years when this happened to
one of theirs.

Yes, fair point. But in general a bus is more likely to skid than topple.
Didn't LT make a point of showing videos of old routemasters that would never
topple over no matter what idiotic moves a bus driver did with them?
Admittedly it was on a skid pan so there were no curbs or other obstacles
for the wheels to get caught on, but even so.

--
Spud