Old November 11th 16, 10:40 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default Wolmar for MP

On 11/11/2016 08:25, Optimist wrote:
On Thu, 10 Nov 2016 22:34:37 +0000, Graeme Wall wrote:

On 10/11/2016 08:15, Optimist wrote:

I don't recall anyone on TV expressing "fear and loathing of foreigners" - unless you are referring
to the desire to have proper control of immigration which is already running at over 600,000 (1% of
the population) a year and we are already one of the most densely populated countries on the planet.

Well that's two untruths in one sentence.

(1) Sorry I underestimated immigration. Currently it is 633,000 a year
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...ionalmigration

Gross, doesn't take into account those leaving in the same period.

(2) England has a population density of 420 per sq. km. - few countries are more densely populated
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England

United Kingdom has a much lower density and your immigration statistics
are for the whole of the UK.

The UK ranks 53rd in the population density table. England on its own
would rate around 27th.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.