Old November 11th 16, 01:19 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default Wolmar for MP

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 11:34:52 on Fri, 11 Nov 2016,
Graeme Wall remarked:
It takes two years, not shorter, not longer.

It could be a lot longer than two years to sort out all the
consequential matters. At the end of 2y the danger is that the UK will
out on its arse without important matters all being settled. HMG's
version as repeated (and apparently not disputed) by the Daily Diana
[http://www.express.co.uk/news/politi...-negotiations]
is "up to a decade or more of uncertainty".

For once the Dead Princess charlatans have got it right, more august
commentators reckon at least 10 years. The basics though are, once May
invokes Article 50 it is two years to exit regardless of what has or
hasn't been sorted. Won't be any quicker just because Liam says it will.

And I honestly don't what the calls for a referendum on the result of the
negotiations is trying to achieve. If that referendum votes "no" we'll be
exiting (because that's inevitable) with a blank sheet of paper as an
agreement.

The people asking for it are Remoaners who seem to think that the
alternative option will be "staying in"

tim