Old November 12th 16, 07:02 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default Wolmar for MP

On 11/11/2016 22:09, ColinR wrote:
On 11/11/2016 11:43, Graeme Wall wrote:
On 11/11/2016 09:07, tim... wrote:

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 20:32:11 on Wed, 9 Nov
2016, tim... remarked:
Yes, I know that we can enforce a set of minimum conditions, but
experience is that it is hard for TPTB to enforce them. IMHO
it's oh so much easier to make sure that conditions improve by
taking away the supply of workers willing to work like slaves.

Unless, of course, freeing ourselves from Brussels Red Tape allows
us to have even worse minimum conditions.

which I believe that it wont

come back in 10 years to prove me wrong

Yawn.

well it was your decision to rerun a discussion we have already had

You brought up the minimum conditions (09 Nov 17:37:54)

but you mentioned this ridiculous, unproven plan, that the Tories are
going to do away with all employee protection as soon as we leave

they are not

You've not paid attention to the rantings of the tory right then?

Do not forget that the Tories tried to bring in the Health & Safety Act
etc 1974 in the January which was / is the major workers rights law - in
the end a General Election precluded this and it was finally enacted by
Labour virtually unchanged from the Tory bill.

The tory party has gone a long way to the right since 1974. You may
recall a leader called Thatcher and her espousal of "Victorian Values".
The Victorians beleived in the workers working long hours for even less
pay than Sports Direct and sending small children up chimneys as they
were cheaper than brushes.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.