Old November 12th 16, 09:38 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default Wolmar for MP

wrote in message news
On Fri, 11 Nov 2016 14:19:29 -0000
"tim..." wrote:
"Roland Perry" wrote in message
And I honestly don't what the calls for a referendum on the result of
the
negotiations is trying to achieve. If that referendum votes "no" we'll
be
exiting (because that's inevitable) with a blank sheet of paper as an
agreement.

The people asking for it are Remoaners who seem to think that the
alternative option will be "staying in"

Isn't it the Libdems calling for it? Its the kind of moronic thing they'd
do
but of course its coupled with the general remoaner attitude that somehow
the
votes of those who voted Brexit are worth less than their own because they
delude themselves into thinking that Brexiters are either stupid and/or
ill
informed, didn't really know what they were doing and that only they, The
Remainers (cue angelic choir), have the gift of True Sight. Of course this
naive dismissive arrogance common to the liberal elite and student
activists
is why we got Brexit and Trump just won.

I particularly love one of the favourite Remaoner arguments for remaining
in
the EU - "If we'd stayed in we could have changed it". Yes, because we've
had
so much success doing that in the last 40 years haven't we.

And what's more, if we back out now, having actually voted to leave our
chances of shaping the EU along the lines that we prefer in the future will
be reduced to a big fat zero.

The EU autocrats, who have so far backed off from the most extreme of their
measures because they were worried that it might "encourage" the Brits will
leave will say to themselves "they are more scared of leaving than we are of
them doing so" so we can do whatever we like and they'll remain members
regardless.

For us, the worst of all worlds. by a mile, IMHO

tim