Old November 12th 16, 10:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default Wolmar for MP

"Optimist" wrote in message
On Sat, 12 Nov 2016 07:58:30 +0000, Roland Perry
wrote:

Which is why they ennoble people like Lord Winston (FMedSci FRSA FRCP
FRCOG FREng).

Isn't he the one who suggested charging patients to see their doctor?

I don't have a problem with charging people to see the doctor

Where I have a problem is with the British "way" of doing these things,
which is to exempt every Tom, Dick or Harry from every disadvantaged
demographic without first realising that there is a strong correlation
between the set of people who "abuse" the use of the health system and these
exempted demographics. You just end up with a system where the responsible
people subsidise the irresponsible (even more than they do now).

Other countries, of which I am aware, that charge people for health visits
charge everybody, no exceptions (with a maximum fee per year to avoid
disadvantaging people with chronic conditions)

tim