Old November 12th 16, 11:20 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Wolmar for MP

In message , at 10:43:01 on Sat, 12 Nov
2016, tim... remarked:

"Roland Perry" wrote in message news:NZSwU0da$dJYF
In message , at 14:19:29 on Fri, 11 Nov
2016, tim... remarked:

And I honestly don't

know
what the calls for a referendum on the result of the negotiations
is trying to achieve. If that referendum votes "no" we'll be
exiting (because that's inevitable) with a blank sheet of paper as
an agreement.

The people asking for it are Remoaners who seem to think that the
alternative option will be "staying in"

If it's as simple as that, they have truly lost the plot.

You're preaching to the converted here, matey

It's Messrs Smith, Benn and Farron you need to be talking to.

I think, perhaps, you have some closer links to them than any of the
rest of us.

Yes, I do, for example on account of this (from Wikipedia):

At the Home Office [Benn] led a task force investigating
internet paedophilia, which subsequently recommended the
introduction of the new offence of 'grooming'. In January 2003,
he had responsibility for introducing the Sexual Offences Bill
in the House of Commons.

I sat on most of the working groups in the Task Force, and chaired one
of them. He's a very approachable and charming chap too.

However, I'm not doing any Brexit work yet.