Old November 12th 16, 06:45 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Optimist Optimist is offline

Default Wolmar for MP

On Sat, 12 Nov 2016 16:41:11 +0000, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 14:24:09 on
Sat, 12 Nov 2016, Optimist remarked:

So for example, if we automatically adopt the Status Quo of banning the
trade in "abnormally curved" bananas and the expression "abnormally
curved" gets an ECJ ruling changing its interpretation, we could end up
in a very messy situation trying to (re)export green[1] bananas to the
EU.

[1] It only applies to green ones.

All exports have to comply with the standards in the customer's country. For example you wouldn't
be able to sell domestic electrical appliance in the USA which require the UK voltage.

One of the main points about the single market is that if it's legal in
the UK it's legal all over the EU. Splitting that harmony will cost us
money.

But UK exports more by value to non-EU countries than to the EU. Do you really expect the rest of
the world to bring their laws into line with the EU?