Old November 15th 16, 11:11 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default Wolmar for MP

On Tue, 15 Nov 2016 11:41:15 +0000
wrote:
On Tue, 15 Nov 2016 11:05:27 +0000 (UTC),
d wrote:
It doesn't have a bag and the container gets emptied frequently. Its 2000W
and yet still it won't suck up hairs and threads and similar things off
carpets.

If you ever decide to replace it it at least see if you can borrow a
Sebo for a test. We have the Felix Pet model ( though we don't

Cheers, will try and remember that. Given the shoddy way most appliances
are built these days it won't be a case of deciding to change it, it'll just
die suddenly like that last 2.

Personally when Government and big business start to turn off
unnecessary lights of in buildings and almost empty military bases lit
up like an evening match at Wembley then I'll start to worry about a
few watts making a cuppa or picking up some dirt.

Quite. Also the CoE claims poverty yet almost all its big abbeys and cathedrals
are festoned with kilowatt look-at-me floodlights.

Bringing the topic back towards transport - a bugbear of mine is sections of
motorway that have so many lights its virtually like daylight - the M11 near
stansted is a fine example of this. Whats the point when all vehicles have
lights plus it nicely kills your night vision for when you reach a part that
isn't lit or leave the motorway.

--
Spud