Old November 25th 16, 09:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default What's up with the 73 stock?

On Fri, 25 Nov 2016 10:37:10 +0000
Basil Jet wrote:
On 2016\11\25 09:48, Recliner wrote:
If it really is as they say, then this level of failure is much more than
could be explained by wheel flats alone, though that may still be a
contributing factor. But I can't find any news reports about a major
technical problem.

If I counted correctly (unlikely) http://traintimes.org.uk/map/tube/
suggests that there are 35 Picc trains at the moment. The normal number
would be 68 to 78.

Over on District Daves forum they're saying its due to wheel flats from
leaves too. But I don't remember a time half of a lines stock all got serious
wheel flats at the same time and all had to be taken out of service. At the
very least, surely they could form up some 3 car units of servicable cars?
Would be better than nothing.

--
Spud