Old May 21st 04, 08:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Colin Colin is offline

Default getting from Heathrow

"Gazeta" wrote in message
Hello how can I get to London center from Heathrow, and how
can I get back in the night at about 2 a.m ? (and how much does it cost?)
Greetings

The quickest way to get from Heathrow to central London is on the Heathrow
Express train (Cost GBP13 single). If you don't want to pay that much you
can take the underground / Metro train which is slower.

To get back at 2am, the N9 Nightbus is the only form of public transport at
that time of night (except for a taxi or minicab which would be very
expensive).

It runs from St. James Aldwych Church through Trafalgar Square and Picadilly
Circus, and then it's a very long ride (over an hour) out to the airport. It
runs every 15 minutes.

When it gets to Heathrow it runs along the northern side of the airport past
several hotels before finishing at the central Heathrow bus station.

On the plus side it only costs £1.

Colin