Old December 2nd 16, 08:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default What's up with the 73 stock?

On Thu, 1 Dec 2016 22:05:31 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
wrote:
On Mon, 28 Nov 2016 09:02:57 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:
If I counted correctly (unlikely) http://traintimes.org.uk/map/tube/
suggests that there are 35 Picc trains at the moment. The normal number
would be 68 to 78.

The wheel lathe must have been busy, as they've now added an infrequent
shuttle service to Rayner's Lane:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyU5xoAW...jpg&name=large

Normal service is resumed then.

Distinctly unusual service actually: there's both the 20 min train shuttle

I know, I was being sarcastic. Problem is that if my experience of using that
branch back in 2013 & 2014 is typical then the normal service is utterly
pathetic anyway. I remember sitting at Park Royal numerous times at 5.30pm
waiting normally 5-10 mins, sometimes up to 15, for a train to show up. God
knows how bad the service must have been outside of the rush hour.

service *and* a rail replacement bus service. The latter has the usual
motley selection of vehicles in many liveries, including at least one RM.
The bus service has an unusual route, usefully stopping at Hanger Lane
Central Line station instead of Park Royal. Some of the buses display the
BR arrows instead of the LU roundel.

Sounds like they've been dragged out of preservation.

--
Spud