Old December 5th 16, 12:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Bus Goes up in flames

On Mon, 5 Dec 2016 08:15:03 +0000, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 17:22:22 on Sun, 4 Dec
2016, Neil Williams remarked:

This truck I really did see bursting into flames - I was driving on the
opposite carriageway at the moment the black smoke turned to flames:

I wonder what effect electric vehicles will have on the numbers
killed/injured or road disruption caused by vehicle fires, given that
fires in EMUs are very rare (notwithstanding that one, the only one I
ever heard of, occurred very recently). If you don't have a tank of
highly volatile fuel there to burn, the chance of fire is much lower.

Vehicle fires are pretty rare, I don't see more than about one a year.

Just wait till there are more BEVs on the roads...