Old December 7th 16, 11:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Oxford to Cambridge rail route.

In message , at 10:34:03 on Wed, 7 Dec 2016,
Basil Jet remarked:

Sandy could yet have a station. It's in at least one of the options.

Yes, it may, but like Bedford a 'Parkway' station outside the
built-up area.

The old station wasn't exactly in the town centre.

Station to Post Office in the centre of town: Half a mile, 9 minute
walk, according to Google Maps. (I stopped off at the station last year
because I was looking at cars in the garage on the A1).

The new station is proposed to be a third of the way to Biggleswade.

Since this is about halfway between Peterborough and Kings Cross, are
they planning to make this a major stop for Virgin trains? And will
Stevenage lose the few Virgin trains it has?

I don't remember whether this aspect was covered in the recent-ish
study. But remember that not all Virgin trains stop at Peterborough
either, plus they'll have soopah-doopah IEPs with brisker performance
(allegedly).

You can be sure, however, that no attempt will be made to co-ordinate
the timetables for optimum changes from one line to the other.