Old December 9th 16, 01:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default New electric buses

On Fri, 09 Dec 2016 13:57:45 +0000
Recliner wrote:
I suspect that the box on the roof isn't the heavy battery pack. The
whole back half of the bus has a high floor, and given the absence of
a diesel engine, I think that's where the batteries live. It means

Wonder what the roof thing is then. Its pretty large , way too large to be
an aircon unit. Perhaps its braking resistors for when the regen braking can't
cope?

They're not as quiet as I expected; obviously there's no engine noise,
but the transmission has a loud gear whine.

Thats probably the noise of the motors themselves I would imagine. There's
probably little if any transmission to speak of.

--
Spud