Old May 22nd 04, 12:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Colin Colin is offline

Default getting from Heathrow

"Gazeta" wrote in message
thanks for all the advices..
I want to be at about 2 am cause I want to make a little nap before 8 a.m
departure (is it safe to sleep at the airport in the night?)

I`m arrivine at 8 pm and never having been earlier in London I`m thinking

of
some
night sightseeing tour how shoul I arrange it? what should I see to get
the most of
that trip? I would be thankfull for all new advices.
cya in London (in about a week

I don't think they let you sleep in the airport after it closes at about
midnight (unless there have been major delays and they can't put everyone in
hotels). Security will come and remove you. I think it opens again at about
5am.

If you are adventurous then good luck and have fun, but remember that London
is very big and if you get lost at night you might not get back to the
airport in time!

Also if you have bags with you you might get mugged, so you might want to
leave them at the airport 'left luggage' before you explore.

Personally I would just book into a travel lodge and sleep, but it sounds
like you have more energy than me!

Colin