Old December 13th 16, 12:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Metropolitan line Watford

On Tue, 13 Dec 2016 04:44:27 -0800 (PST), John Leach
wrote:

A blog that I read (diamond geezer) had a posting today where tfl's business plan was published last week was mentioned.

http://content.tfl.gov.uk/board-2016...iness-plan.pdf

It no longer contains the Metropolitan line extension to Watford Junction.
The only listed projects are the Bakerloo line extension to Lewisham, the Northern line extension to Battersea and the London Overground extension to Barking Riverside.

Has the Metropolitan line project been quietly dropped?

Yes, I saw Geezer's blog as well, but I think the project has gone too
far to be dropped. I think the mayor's document was talking about new
projects, not ones that date back a long way. Remember, this isn't
primarily a TfL project:

"The £284·4m cost includes a local contribution of £125·4m, £109·8m
from the Department for Transport and £49·2m from Transport for
London. The local funding includes £87·9m from the Hertfordshire Local
Enterprise Partnership, which represents 40% of its total Growth Deal
funding from the government "

http://www.railwaygazette.com/news/s...ng-agreed.html