Old December 13th 16, 03:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default New electric buses

On 2016-12-13 09:41:55 +0000, d said:

Isn't there a maximum number of standing for diesel buses which is routinely
ignored anyway?

There is, but on most buses these days it is higher than a crush-load.

Can't see the driver enforcing that 7 in the rush hour.

I only had it brought to my attention by a driver having a loud
conversation about it and why he did enforce it because he valued his
driving licence - though in reality in MK crush-loaded buses are rare
as not enough people use them.

Anyway,
surely the bus suspension and handling characteristics should be designed so
it can take as many passengers as a diesel of the same size?

So you'd think but apparently not. Some must do, though, as the Red
Arrows would be a bit useless if they couldn't take a standing
crush-load.

Neil
--
Neil Williams