Old December 14th 16, 08:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Diesel ban in 4 cities steps up pressure for ban in London

In message , at 16:04:33 on Tue, 13
Dec 2016, Neil Williams remarked:
My date for the night is not going to happy on the tube in a cocktail
dress and high heels (or walking ten minutes[1] in the rain even with
an umbrella).

Perhaps she might wear something more practical, then.

(I really don't "get" why people find utterly impractical forms of
dress attractive on a woman - I really don't, I just think it looks
ridiculous - high heels in particular)

Whether you like it or not, the kind of event we were going to has a
dress-code.