Old December 19th 16, 09:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default Metropolitan line Watford

On Mon, 19 Dec 2016 09:46:07 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
wrote:
The whole point of the project eludes me frankly. It won't be used as a
route into central london - people will just get the quicker overground to
euston instead. There may be some demand for commuter traffic from watford

various western points on the met but nowhere near enough to justify the

cost.
If the point is simply to have a tube line at watford junction then surely
re-extending the bakerloo would be far quicker and cheaper.

I think the local interest is more about serving the two new stations,
connecting them both to the Junction and LU. There will also be some
traffic from Met stations to the Junction. As for traffic from the Junction

A lot of money just for that tbh.

to Euston, surely the much faster LM services are far more popular than the
slow, stopping LO?

Don't know. I guess it depends how frequent they are compared to the overground.
Also I'm sure a lot of people change onto the bakerloo instead of going all the
way to euston.

I never really got the rationalle behind cutting the bakerloo back to harrow.
There's obviously a commuter demand for it (hence LO) and it wasn't even the
longest tube line when it did run there so its not as if it was going miles.

--
Spud