Old December 25th 16, 07:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London Metropolitan line Watford

In article , (tim...)
wrote:

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at
03:24:05 on Sun, 25 Dec 2016,
remarked:

Until recent times there was no connection (apart from its innermost
boundary with the capital city) between the Metropolitan Police
District and local authority areas. It was based on rough proximity to
Charing Cross to deal with matters within the metropolis.

Actually, the Metropolitan Police District did correspond to a set of
pre-1965 local authorities, but they got reorganised in 1965 (within
Greater London) and 1974 (elsewhere).

I think they retreated from places like Esher (Surrey) much more
recently than that.

and Epsom as well

Greater London Authority Act 1999, it seems

Indeed. I didn't mean to imply otherwise. All I was saying was that the
Metropolitan Police District comprised whole local authority areas as they
existed at the time the boundaries were defined.

--
Colin Rosenstiel