Old January 10th 17, 07:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default RIP Boris Bus

In message , at 16:14:15 on Tue, 10 Jan
2017, d remarked:

The last place I worked was a french company and a lot of jobs didn't get
created in the UK, they got "transfered" from france and so did the incumbent
who had been doing it for a couple of days after being hired in france. But
it still looks like a new UK job. Win!

Naturally politicians and Guardian readers are either too pig ignorant or out
of touch to realise this sort of thing is going on all over the place.

Of course it happens a bit, but with only 12% of employees foreign

More than a bit and I wouldn't use the word "only" when saying 12% of the
labour force is foreign.

nationals, there are a lot of regional variations. To be fair the number
in London is higher than average - but most are in minimum wage jobs.
Just 3.2% in IT or telecoms jobs.

I'd be interested to see their definition of IT because my experience is
vastly different.

As most of the rest are patently minimum wage cleaning (etc) jobs, your
interest is misplaced.

Of course, our labour pool will be flooded by British expats sent
packing after freedom of movement in Europe ends.

They always have the option of going native and getting a passport of their
country of residence. Since they seem to believe life is better than in the UK
one has to wonder why they don't just do that anyway unless its simply to be
able to fly back and get free NHS treatment or some equally cynical reason.

What amounts to freelancers will work wherever the cost-benefit is in
their favour. Brexit removes most of the benefits.