Old January 11th 17, 09:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default RIP Boris Bus

In message , at 09:11:54 on Wed, 11 Jan
2017, tim... remarked:

While I agree that many retired ex-pats will be forced to return to
the UK and thus mop up quite a bit of the £350m extra Boris promised
the NHS, there are also a lot of expats in paying jobs in the EU. The
place I was attached to in the Netherlands a few years back had
perhaps a quarter of the staff (highly qualified) recruited from the
UK out of the 100 permanent employees.

I think you've just described exactly why they wont be sent back.

Just how are they going to find suitably qualified local replacements
for 25% of their workforce, all to start "tomorrow".

There's a lot of churn in IT jobs, and while things won't change
*overnight* they may find it a lot harder to recruit Brits if those
Brits need a work permit.