Old January 11th 17, 10:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default RIP Boris Bus

wrote in message news
On Wed, 11 Jan 2017 08:59:54 -0000
"tim..." wrote:
"Roland Perry" wrote in message
On my last one that was down to about 20% and whilst some of the
difference
was made up by an increase in (still reluctant) locals, about 50% were
from
East Europe.

I have no idea whether this is because they would work for less or not.

Its almost certainly that as it is in other fields.

but in this case it won't be the end employer paying less

it will be the agency in the middle creaming off a bigger margin

The brits who used to
do the jobs haven't suddenly vanished off the face of the earth.

They haven't vanished but IME (and that of my colleagues that I am in touch
with) opportunities for foreign freelancers are becoming scarcer

tim