Old January 11th 17, 10:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default RIP Boris Bus

On Wed, 11 Jan 2017 11:03:15 +0000
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 10:34:43 on Wed, 11 Jan
2017, d remarked:

nationals, there are a lot of regional variations. To be fair the number
in London is higher than average - but most are in minimum wage jobs.
Just 3.2% in IT or telecoms jobs.

I'd be interested to see their definition of IT because my experience is
vastly different.

As most of the rest are patently minimum wage cleaning (etc) jobs, your
interest is misplaced.

The statement that only 3.2% of workers in IT are foreign nationals is
farcical.

You may of course be confused by the number of second generation
immigrants working in IT - Brits of course. And like I said, the

Don't patronise me. I'm perfectly capable of hearing a british accent on an
asian or black person. I'm talking about foreign nationals.

Can you tell from their accent whether they've naturalised British?

Stop splitting hairs. In this particular office there are few people with
british accents right now.

--
Spud