Old January 11th 17, 01:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default RIP Boris Bus

In message , at 13:31:59 on Wed, 11 Jan
2017, tim... remarked:

There's an IT skills shortage,

not in engineering there isn't

Yes there is. Maybe not in your specific field, if your view is
coloured by applying for jobs you don't get.

No, it's based upon what my peers tell me happens to them as well

And what happens is that once you get to 40+ few want to employ you in
non-management positions however good a match you are for the role.

An industry that can "afford" to "throw way" people who are less than
50% through their useful career cannot be short of suitable workers.

I agree that there's ageism, but some of that is justified if you want
fresh minds to address new problems.