Old January 11th 17, 01:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default RIP Boris Bus

On 2017\01\11 09:11, tim... wrote:

I think you've just described exactly why they wont be sent back.

Just how are they going to find suitably qualified local replacements
for 25% of their workforce, all to start "tomorrow".

The thing about FoM is that its only works as a positive EU-wide right.
It doesn't work as a negative EU-wide restriction.

Individual EU countries are free to have their own rules wrt employment
of non-EU nationals and can give out as many "permissions" to work
locally as they see fit (of course such a permission doesn't give that
individual FoM to other countries). Counties who already have millions
of UK workers can immediately "legalises" them regardless of any Brexit
agreement - and almost certainly would be foolish not to.

The EU overruling its nations and making Brits the only people in the
world who are banned from working in the EU wouldn't surprise me. But
hey-ho, let's get on with it and see!