Old January 11th 17, 02:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default RIP Boris Bus

On 2017\01\11 13:34, tim... wrote:

wrote in message news
On Wed, 11 Jan 2017 11:55:46 -0000
"tim..." wrote:
Political ideal - and I didn't believe that they would be prepared to
spend
the effort to give me the information if I asked them (I actually had
this
conversation with one of the canvassers in the town centre, and he
agreed
with me - that they wouldn't find it worth their while to translate all
their literate into English for the small number of voters in the
constituency)

If you're living in a foreign country you should learn the language
and not
expect the locals to translate their literature into your language
because
you're too lazy to learn theirs.

Some people are just no good at learning foreign languages

after 200 hours (and that is a lot) of lessons I was still finding
spoken German incomprehensible

Zay heff vays off mecking you tock,
but zay heff no vay off mecking you understand.