Old May 22nd 04, 07:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Martin Underwood Martin Underwood is offline

Default Transport Museam

"Clive Allen" wrote in message
Hi

Is the transport museum ( I think its in Covent garden ) any good, any

info
about what is there etc would be appreciated.

Yes, it's excellent. They have a selection of trams, buses and tube trains,
as well as galleries devoted to the building of the tube and cut-and-cover
Underground lines, the design of tram tracks and junctions, signalling,
lifts/escalators etc. THey even have a steam loco that operated the
Quainton-Brill tramway

Not sure what the entrance fee is. Some museums are free nowadays, but I'm
not sure whether the LT museum is one of them.

Allow a couple of hours to see everything.