Old January 12th 17, 01:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default RIP Boris Bus

In message , at 09:28:33 on Thu, 12 Jan
2017, d remarked:
On Wed, 11 Jan 2017 16:27:40 +0000
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 16:11:57 on Wed, 11 Jan
2017,
d remarked:
Some people are just no good at learning foreign languages

after 200 hours (and that is a lot) of lessons I was still finding spoken
German incomprehensible

To be fair I found german hard too. French was a lot easier and I
managed to
get myself up to a basic conversational level just by teaching
myself on the
tube ride in the mornings. Perhaps you should have picked a different

country
to live in?

Difficulty in picking up foreign languages (or even English when an
infant) is one of the classic symptoms of even high-functioning autism
sufferers.

I think thats a bit unfair. Some people are just bad at languages in the way
that others just don't get maths no matter how much effort they put in.

It' not "unfair", it's a condition with symptoms, just like colour
blindness, dyslexia or dyspraxia. Not everyone can be good at
everything, nor should we blame them, it's just the way they are.

Being bad at languages is not a sign of medical disability.

It's a common symptom of one medical condition.

I know its trendy to make everything a medical condition but this is
just an absurd extrapolation.

You are over-reading what I wrote.

Because autistics are bad at languages doesn't mean everyone who is bad at
languages is autistic. I'm sure there's a name for that logical fallacy.

As there is also a name for refuting a proposition I didn't make.