Old January 13th 17, 09:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Traffic in Holborn last night

I arrived at Liverpool St at 17:50 last night on my way to an event in
Russell Square. Although it was pretty unpleasant in the rain I cycled as I
usually do, mostly along Newgate Street/High Holborn. The traffic was really
weird though.

I turned from Old Broad St into London Wall to find total gridlock. Not a
huge problem on a bike but quite a bit slower than usual. It was the same
all the way to the back of St Paul's where all the traffic was turning left
into Cheapside. I cycled along almost the whole way to Kingsway with no cars
on the road at all!

I know there was a taxi drivers' demo blockading the Bank intersection but
why no car traffic in Holborn?

When I went back about 20:15 traffic seemed entirely normal.

--
Colin Rosenstiel