Old January 16th 17, 02:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Offramp Offramp is offline

Default Bank Junction

How long has Bank Junction been called Bank Junction? I had never heard the phrase until a few days before the taxi drivers' clagged it up. I had never heard the phrase, but wikipedia has a picture with the caption, "Bank junction pictured on a Sunday in April 1961." Small j there, of course.

And was that Junction the great Wren's idea? Not one of his best if it was. A tiny little area where no less than 9 major streets converge. Wren! Get a grip!