Old January 17th 17, 01:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default What happened to the LU ticket office ticket machines?

On Tue, 17 Jan 2017 14:04:50 +0000, wrote:

On Tue, 17 Jan 2017 10:03:57 +0000, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 09:27:58 on Tue, 17 Jan
2017,
d remarked:
Given the number of ticket office closures thats a lot of redundant equipment.
Are they all still sitting behind the shutters in case a future mayor changes
his mind, been repurposed for something else or just been sent for scrap?

Shutters? I thought most of the holes in the wall now had ticket
machines in them.

A lot of places already had enough ticket machines, Turnham Green when
I passed through on Saturday has had it's ticket window covered over
by a frame containing the system map.

Yes, I think most suburban stations are like that. But that's intended
to be just a temporary situation, as the hope is to let the former
ticket offices out as retail space. There may need to be some
reorganisation of facilities if ticket machines block access to the
space.