Old January 18th 17, 08:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default Bank Junction

On Tue, 17 Jan 2017 19:03:39 -0600
wrote:
In article ,
d () wrote:

On Tue, 17 Jan 2017 11:39:07 +0000
Walter Briscoe wrote:
In message of Mon, 16
Jan 2017 19:44:36 in uk.transport.london,

writes
It was always Bank Intersection as I remember it. And it's appalling to
cycle through.

From April 2017, an experimental change is planned for 18 months on
weekdays between 0700 and 1900.
Through traffic will be restricted to buses and cycles. I don't know the
situation with respect to coaches and non London Buses. Access to
premises will be permitted by any vehicles. Automatic Number Plate
Recognition will be used to enforce the rules.

That'll work well given how many foreign plated cars there are in london
these days.

Not to mention the false foreign plates.

Case in point - a few weeks back I saw a RHD car with bulgarian plates and
an asian driver. Thanks to the idiotic policy of replacing traffic police with
cameras he'll probably get away with it for ages if he's ever caught at all.

--
Spud