Old January 20th 17, 08:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default The next doomed Stansted NYC business jet

In message , at 09:31:48 on Fri, 20 Jan
2017, d remarked:
It's the 737-700ER, with a range of 5,630 nm. That's enough to get
from London to anywhere in the continental US.

The plane is a derivative of the BBJ, the biz jet version of the 737,
which has a range of 6200 nm with 8 passengers. Sounds like this
airline is more likely to fly the BBJ.

If anyone's at a loose end next week there's a 48-seat A319 corporate jet
flying Sydney to Lisbon next week, for an 'up to 75% off' price of
EUR110,000. That's 9800nm so I assume there's a fuel stop in that.

I wonder what the attraction would be? Scheduled first class would be much
more comfortable and private, at a fraction of the price.

There are a lot of rich gullible people in the world.

First Class is about 6k each way, which is roughly halfway between the
full and discount prices for the charter.