Old May 23rd 04, 12:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default DLR and one-unders

In message , Dave Liney
writes
AIUI when the trains are driving automatically the driver just closes (and
opens?) the doors, just like the train captain on the DLR so, apart from
having to have new stock with door controls throughout the train , the
Victoria and Central lines could dispense with drivers staying in the cab.

Yes, you could probably call them a "guard". I think the passengers are
happier with the concept of no guard rather than no driver, though.

The DLR gets away with it by being a different format, more like the
airport transits people are used to.

ps Is the Central automatic the whole length now? I thought it was only
the middle section.