Old January 22nd 17, 10:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Clank Clank is offline

Default Gatwick airport overbridge

On 22.01.2017 12:28 PM, Roland Perry wrote:
In message
-septe
mber.org, at 09:27:36 on Sun, 22 Jan 2017, Recliner
remarked:

If it takes me 2 minutes to walk over that bridge (say), unless I'm
injured I know it will always take that.

It's much more than 2 minutes.

It's about 200m long, and has travelators, so two minutes is about right.

What about the escalators up and down?

OK, so add another minute.

They are extremely long escalators.

I'm going to suggest you never visit the Lufthansa terminal at the
(generally outstanding) Munich airport - moving between the two piers there
combines a couple of extremely long escalators *and* a transit shuttle...
(Under rather than over the taxiway in that case.)

Of course, nowhere can match Stansted for sheer awfulness - the slow and
infrequent transit shuttle there just being the icing on the cake of
passenger-hating crap if you have the misfortune to arrive at a remote
gate.