Old January 22nd 17, 12:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Gatwick airport overbridge

In message , at 11:44:25 on Sun, 22 Jan
2017, Clank remarked:
If it takes me 2 minutes to walk over that bridge (say), unless I'm
injured I know it will always take that.

It's much more than 2 minutes.

It's about 200m long, and has travelators, so two minutes is about right.

What about the escalators up and down?

OK, so add another minute.

They are extremely long escalators.

I'm going to suggest you never visit the Lufthansa terminal at the
(generally outstanding) Munich airport - moving between the two piers there
combines a couple of extremely long escalators *and* a transit shuttle...
(Under rather than over the taxiway in that case.)

That has very little relevance to the relative convenience of Pier 6
being attached to the North vs South terminal.