Old January 22nd 17, 01:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Gatwick airport overbridge

On Sun, 22 Jan 2017 14:37:18 +0000, Neil Williams

On 2017-01-22 13:45:01 +0000, Recliner said:

They'll be able to come in via Ireland in any case.

For a time. I have a feeling Brexit will push NI in the direction of a
majority view in favour of rejoining the Republic, then there will be a
hard border.

Within 10 years I think the UK will consist of England and Wales. And
only Wales because on its own it'd be like Albania; it depends too much
on England's economy.

So does Scotland, of course. And Northern Ireland. The Irish Republic
isn't volunteering to take over England's role in subsidising Ulster,
and the EU27 won't take over the Barnett formula subsidies for
Scotland. Neither economy is viable on its own.