Old January 23rd 17, 09:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Gatwick airport overbridge

In message , at 16:17:36 on Sun, 22 Jan
2017, " remarked:

The longer delay in Gatwick North is at Immigration at busy times

I was enroled in the Iris scheme, so no delays (apart from having to
fail to get the Iris machine to recognise me, which then put you at the
head of the manual queue).

Same in my case.

They eventually got wise to it, however. Thus, whenever IRIS failed to
recognise somebody, they would simply say the equivalent of:

"That's your fault. Get to the back of the queue, you dog!"

It's their fault the machine doesn't recognise me (I was enroled, not
pretending to be enroled).