Old January 24th 17, 08:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Gatwick airport overbridge

In message , at 21:36:58 on Mon, 23 Jan
2017, John Levine remarked:

The only two times I've been to India I had in effect a United Nations
"diplomatic visa", so wouldn't know.

But what if I were to organise a meeting, booking a conference room,
greeting guests and holding a seminar (where I was speaking). Is that
closer to "work" than "business"?

In India, that would likely require a conference visa which is
different to a work or a tourist visa. I have one in my passport.

Would a conference *attendee* (as well as promoter) also require a
conference visa?