Old January 24th 17, 12:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Gatwick airport overbridge

On Tue, 24 Jan 2017 12:58:34 +0000, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 11:43:47 on
Tue, 24 Jan 2017, Recliner remarked:
On Tue, 24 Jan 2017 11:23:07 +0000, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 10:54:01 on
Tue, 24 Jan 2017, Recliner remarked:
You think the anti-terrorist no-fly list would scale like that?

Yes, of course it would, why not? Hardware is cheap these days. For a
bigger database, all you need is more storage and more/faster CPUs.

No, the scarce resource is those deciding who to put on the list, and
handling complaints when people are denied boarding.

Better that it be done once, centrally,

By a huge team of people?

No. It's not some complex searching process, but simply keeping a
fairly small list of EU citizens who have UK criminal convictions or
have broken UK employment law. You're over-complicating it.

The complicated bit is proving they've broken employment law.

I thought we were told this is a huge problem with hundreds of thousands
of economic migrants from the EU.

Most of whom will still be allowed to work in the UK, post-Brexit.
Immigration isn't going to come to a grinding halt post-Brexit (unless
the economy tanks, and we have less need to recruit people).

That's going to lose a lot of votes in UKIP-aligned constituencies.

Most of those constituencies have few actual immigrants, just a fear
of them.