Old January 24th 17, 12:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clank Clank is offline

Default Gatwick airport overbridge

On 24.01.2017 3:27 PM, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 13:10:39 on Tue, 24 Jan 2017,
Clank remarked:
No, the scarce resource is those deciding who to put on the list,
and handling complaints when people are denied boarding.

Since more or less by definition the people on the list are foreigners, the
UK will just adopt the existing Visa & Immigration Service approach to
handling complaints - to whit, saying "tough ****".

Any crackdown would set the ECHR alight with complaints.

I thought the while point of Brexit was that the UK could safely ignore the
ECHR

Oh - My - God.

The ECHR is nothing to do with the EU.

Nevertheless, I thought Theresa May had indicated an intention to withdraw.
On googling I see I was right, but as on most things she had changed her
mind.

Does the ECHR grant a right to travel to a member state then? Because it
seems a bit of a waste of time leaving the EU if, as you suggest, it
does...