Old May 23rd 04, 08:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Liney Dave Liney is offline

Default DLR and one-unders

"Roland Perry" wrote in message

Yes, you could probably call them a "guard". I think the passengers are
happier with the concept of no guard rather than no driver, though.

I'd still call them the driver because obviously they would still have to be
drive the trains manually occasionally (as I believe they already do) to
remain fully trained. And with the peak loadings on both lines they would
have to be in the cab for several hours a day anyway.

Dave